Monday, July 18, 2016

The story of these skunks...

Happy Monday friends!  To help get your stampin' mojo flowing, I thought I'd share what I made last week.
Of course there is a story behind the creativity.  There always is isn't there?
One of the Team S.T.I.C girls, Mindy, lives in Owen Sound.  As I have gotten to know Mindy better, I've learned that she is a facial expert.  She owns her own day spa in Owen Sound but she has had a lot of training in doing facials and says that her spa is known for their facials.

Since she shared this with me, I couldn't get the idea out of my head that I wanted to get a pampering facial.  It seemed perfectly reasonable to me to drive 2 1/2 hours to get a facial...especially because I knew that the person giving the facial would be an expert.   I decided I would spare no expense for my face.  As some of you may know, it seems that being over 40 means everything related to my body needs help.  A summer facial seemed like a perfect treat.

It also seemed fun to invite a travelling companion to make it a girls road trip so another Team S.T.I.C girl, Jenny came along.

Well, if I was going to go up, I may as well go up when Mindy was having her own Team Stamping meeting so I could meet these long distance Team S.T.I.C girls.
When they held their swap, I saw a fantastic sample of a card with a punch art skunk created with the fox builder punch.  I couldn't stop looking at that cute skunk. The following morning I woke up and went right to Mindys craft studio. After orienting myself to her space, I decided I needed to make skunks.



When I got home after a very fantastic and relaxing facial, (and a little shopping and a very yummy lunch) I used the skunks to create these little post it note holders.  They are very easy to make.  Let me see if I can give you the directions:
Cut a square of smoky slate cardstock 4" X 4"
Cut a square of whisper white cardstock 3 3/4"X 3 3/4" and stamp and decorate as desired.  Layer it on top of the smoky slate piece.
Put this decorated piece aside.
Cut a piece of smoky slate cardstock 4" X 8"
Score it in half at the 4" mark and also 2" mark
Fold on the score lines.
Adhere the decorated front to the 2" flap and that's how you get the easel.
The post it note holds the easel portion in place.  Give it a try!
The fox builder punch is so versatile! There's actually a lot of fun critters you can make. Hope this mojo Monday creation inspires you to do some punch art with the fox builder punch! The supply list is below.  Feel free to shop for anything on my online store (don't forget to take advantage of Bonus days going on this month!  For every $60 you spend this month, you get a $6 coupon to use next month!)


Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment