Friday, February 19, 2016

My Labour of Love

Here's a belated post showing what I made for my family for Valentines day.  Isn't it nice that there's a holiday to celebrate the people you love?

Because I wasn't the most organized, I started my valentine crafting for the family on the evening of February 13th.  I actually craft great under pressure!  The stamping mojo flows!

I made each child a berry basket using the blushing bride glimmer paper and filled it with little treats like a package of gum covered with the cool waterfall gum holder
a mini treat box filled with conversation hearts, chocolate kisses, a little chapstick and pencil.

I then used the pieces from the January Paper Pumpkin to decorate a basket where I had put all the wrapped all the treats. 
I put it on the kitchen table so the kids would see it first thing in the morning when they woke up.  Sadly they didn't see it because when they woke up they went straight to the TV.  :-P


After all that, then I moved onto making a card for my husband.

I also gave him some home made macarons which fit perfectly into our tag a bag gift boxes. (item 130927)


Well, it was past midnight on Feb. 13th so I just went upstairs and gave the macarons and card to him since I figured it was officially the 14th.  I knew I had another gift for him too but I had to work on it later. 

The next morning I got up early (I am an early riser) and raced down to the craft cave.  Several weeks before I had taken videos of myself and each of the kids sharing what they loved about Kevin.  I then made QR codes that linked to the videos I had uploaded. 

I took those QR codes and put them in a project life album.  I used the project cards that were free through sale-a-bration (memories in the making item 141018) and I also used the Moments Like These Card Collection (item 138454) and matching Accessory Pack (138455)
It came together so fast.  I had it done before Kevin came down looking for me!  Yes, I made a valentines gift on the morning of valentines day.  Shameful I know but the finished project was so awesome and Kevin loved it! 

Kevin is a techy guy (unlike me) so using the QR codes was perfect for him. 


Here was the first page with my message.

Here's the page with my oldest son's message.  I LOVE the overlays that come with the sale-a-bration project life cards.

Here's the page with my daughter's message

Here is my youngest son's message page

Here's a page with a song that we both like.

This page had Blooper videos of each of my sons since when I was videoing them, I had to do second takes.
Kevin loved this page.  He said it was just like when they show the bloopers at the end of a movie.

The last page we all signed a message to Kevin.

This album made me fall in love with the Project life by stampin' up collection all over again.  The colour co-ordination was incredible, the whole thing was put together so FAST and it looked so cute!  I was so totally inspired that this week I went and got 746 (that's seven hundred and forty six) photos developed at Costco.  Stay tuned to see how they get put into an album.  I am on a mission! 

Last but not least, I wanted to show you the card Kevin made for me. 
I love his handmade cards.  They make me smile. 
He has learned the art of CASE-ing.  He saw the card that I made at Diva dinner and he tried to copy it while making it his own. 
Perfect right?  :-)  


Don't forget to spend time creating for your loved ones.  You can do it any time of year.  Not just Valentines day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment