Friday, February 12, 2016

Be Mine Bingo Fun

The point of being a Stampin' Up! demonstrator to me is the fun and friendship.  A while back I decided it was time to try something new.  I had heard about some demonstrator friends in the states who did Stampin' Bingo nights.  A-ha!  A bingo night sounded like the perfect event for fun and friendship!
I have probably spent a year figuring out how it might work and how to organize it. I questioned my friends Christi and Jennifer endlessly about how they ran their Bingo nights.  Of course they each do it a little differently.  Also my business coach had done an audio training about running a Stampin' Bingo night so I probably listened to the training at least 4 times.  I mulled it around in my head trying to picture step by step how the whole thing would go.  I think the biggest problem was that although I knew the general idea of Bingo, I had never in my life ever been to a real Bingo Hall or Bingo tournament so I couldn't quite picture how the whole thing was supposed to run and I didn't know how to transition between the Bingo and the stamping.

Just like so many other things in life, I figured I just had to try it in order to understand how it would work.  I told myself it couldn't be that bad a disaster because there would be stamping and chocolate and nice ladies so I may as well give it a go.  I'm so glad I did.  It was a riot!

Here's some pictures of my first ever Stampin' Bingo night.

I had a cage with Bingo balls and this calling card so I could keep track of what numbers have been called.  I had no idea how fast or slow I was supposed to call the numbers but the ladies sure let me know when I was calling them too fast. :-)

Of course, in fun, many ladies blamed me that their numbers weren't called.  I kept an innocent face and explained over and over "this is a game of chance"  I did a lot of giggling throughout the evening.  I couldn't help it!  The whole thing just seemed so funny to me!



After three rounds of Bingo, we took a break for some stamping.  Here's some of the ladies smiling.  (must've been all that valentines chocolate!)


Here's some of the ladies creating...

I guess some ladies were too busy talking and eating chocolate that they didn't notice they totally missed stamping a word on their card.  The sentiment is supposed to say "Crazy About You"
Several girls forgot to stamp the "you".  So their card just said "Crazy About". 
More laughing from me. I was picturing the person receiving the card.  What would they think...receiving a card that just said "Crazy About"  What is that supposed to mean? 


Now I had laid out the rules for the evening right at the beginning.  One of the rules was that if there were two people that called Bingo at the same time, they would have to do Rock, Paper, Scissors to determine the true winner.  The other person would receive a consolation prize from my bucket of gifts that I had available. 

Wouldn't you know, on the grand prize, final round Pam and Valerie both got Bingo at the same time.  The grand prize round has the biggest prize.  Here is a shot of their ferocious rock, paper, scissors battle.   



All in all it was really a fun evening out! I can't wait for the next one!  I've decided it will be Spring Fling Bingo on May 12th.  Mark your calendars and plan to come out!  Or schedule me for your own private bingo event.  We could even make it a fundraiser!  ooooo the possibilities!

Even though not everyone won a prize from the prize table, I think everyone was a winner because everyone went home with a brand new pack of blushing bride glimmer paper and three cute make n takes.  (we got to use brand new sale-a-bration items that go live next week!  Eeek!)
So, check out my events calendar and come out soon for some fun and friendship!  Hope to see you!


No comments:

Post a Comment