Wednesday, November 18, 2015

On stage!

Sorry I haven't blogged in a while.  As I always say if I haven't blogged it doesn't mean I'm not stamping...it just means I've been stamping too much! (if there is such a thing)  So much has happened this will be a super long post!
There was a Stampin' Up! convention in Belgium the past weekend.  Convention is now called "On Stage"  The 3 day live on stage convention was in Brussels Belgium but for the first time, Stampin' Up! offered "on stage local" events in a variety of other cities.  We were lucky that Mississauga was picked as one of the cities.  If demonstrators were not close to one of the on stage local cities, they chose to fly or drive to a location.  As soon as my Kansas City friend, Linda saw that there was an event near me, she decided to register and fly to visit.
How fun!
A stamping friend has come to visit.  She slept in my newly renovated craft cave.  I took her to the Toronto Zoo, the Ripley's aquarium and we ate beaver tails and poutine.  Since she owns and shows horses back home, I also took her to Medieval Times downtown for the dinner and show.
In between all the touring, we did a lot of crafting.
I enlisted her help to craft things for the Rogers Daytime show where I was showcasing Christmas decorating ideas.  (I was hoping to have the video today for this week's watch it Wednesday but hubby has been too busy to do his technology magic.  I'm sorry.  Watch it wednesday will have to show up on another day)

I'm such a regular on the show the av manager let Linda sit off to the side to watch the show live.


The other reason there was a lot of crafting going on is because Linda had signed up for a WOW swap.  The card she designed was truly WOW but means it was really complex to make and took a while...

Here's some other pictures of Linda and I having fun. Truly, the relationships I've formed through my stampin' up experience have been the most meaningful.










Now for the real excitement!  The Stampin' Up! On stage event.
Friday night was an exclusive dinner just for leaders.  We had a beautiful dinner and received such a lovely gift.
Squeal Squeal Squeal!!! A multi-pouch zippered case complete with embellishments!



It was fun to see friends that I don't regularly see as well as meet new friends. 


I was so busy I figured I wouldn't get around to making any swaps for the event but of course I couldn't resist.  I cut  and stamped a bunch of paper before heading over to the hotel and the awesome team S.T.I.C. girls helped me glue them down.   Here were the first swaps I received at the event.  I thought the tuxedo one with the bow builder punch was so clever!

A very yummy dessert.

Because the event was at the Mississauga convention centre, many Team S.T.I.C girls were able to come.  I love it that we have matching t-shirts.  It's super fun for the group picture but it's also functional.  Our matching shirts make it easier to identify each other and this is especially helpful for those girls who can't regularly come out to the team meetings and don't know as many people.  The purple shirts help team members to recognize each other and know that we're in the same "gang".  Of course I had given Linda a t- shirt  last convention as I deemed her honourary team S.T.I.C.
Don't we look like we're having fun?  We took the photo before the event even started!  The day only got better!


There were prizes for everyone!  (See Lorraine flapping her arms in excitement!)

We were able to see the new spring catalogue.  See how excited Nijah is to open her new catalogue and see all the beautiful things!!!

More prizes!  New, not yet released stamp sets! 


Well that's the rundown for now.  I promise you the new spring catalogue is lovely.  (Blushing bride glimmer paper has already stolen my heart)  If you want to see the catalogue online now then you'd better become a Stampin' Up! demonstrator.  (Sign up HERE).
Otherwise you have to wait until January.  Why not come to stamp camp and enjoy a stamping day of your own? 
Hope to stamp with you soon!











No comments:

Post a Comment