Friday, August 14, 2015

The last 24 hours...

Just thought I would give you a glimpse in my life lately...Here's a snapshot of my last 24 hours...
Kids Can Craft camp continued on yesterday.  The kids made projects related to food and treats.  Here's Zahra showing how to make a fancy fold cupcake card.  Fortunately the weather co-operated and we were able to have the kids make fruit kabobs and sit outside for snack.

The crafters are getting pretty skilled.  Here's my son getting his rhinestones for his project.  He's learned that the small rhinestones are easier to get by using the tips of his scissors.  (a trick known only to serious crafters...)


After camp, I took some downtime with my family and took a walk to the local hasty mart.  The kids got popsicles and I got cheetos.  :-)

After dinner it was back to the craft cave.  I had committed to participating in a mail-in swap where I send in 20 completed cards highlighting holiday mini product and I'll get 20 different cards in return.  I really wanted the card ideas so I had signed up for two groups.  This means I had to complete 40 cards (2 different designs).  My holiday mini preorder products had just arrived so I allowed myself some playtime with the new product and came up with two designs that I was happy with. 
Yesterday night was all about mass production.  Zahra (my kids crafting partner) had also signed up for the same swap for two groups as well. 
We spent the night stamping (along with Cathy and Lucy: team S.T.I.C girls who kindly helped us!)
Although at the end of a late evening I was tired, I was still happy because I loved my card.  Here it is.  Enjoy this sneak peek from the Holiday catalogue. 
It uses a stamp set called Winter Wishes.  I couldn't resist using the new red pom pom trim.  
If you want to make some pretty holiday cards, make sure to register for my fall stamp camp on Oct. 4th.  It will be a great stamping time and is a great value! 
check out all the details HERE



This morning was the final day of kids can craft camp.  As soon as it finished, Kevin and a few friends went down and started ripping up the basement and I started throwing all my stamping stuff into boxes.  Why?  I've decided to renovate my stamp area and there's no time like the present! 



The dining room and garage have become a holding zone for all my stuff. There was no time to organize anything!  What a mess! I'm trying not to panic and I"m just trying to visualize how nice my basement will be when this is all done. 

By dinner time, this is what our basement looked like.  


Then off to pick up my son from camp.

What a busy 24 hours!  Nothing like living life to the full! Don't forget to take advantage of my August Awesome promotion.  There's still some good goodies in the box! 
I'm off to bed now!  

2 comments:

  1. Amazing! Looking forward to seeing the new and improved craft cave!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm looking forward to seeing it too!!

    ReplyDelete