Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Ideas for Graduation crafts: Watch it Wednesday

Here is this week's Watch it Wednesday video. The past few days have been all about getting ready for my sons grade 8 graduation. There's suit fittings, gift shopping, cake ordering and the like. It was perfect that they had requested the TV segment to be around a graduation theme because it gave me a head start. 
Enjoy the video and then see some of my graduation crafts below.




Today is his actual graduation ceremony. We will be having dinner at a restaurant with our family and my parents and Kevin's parents. Then the plan is to come back home for cake before heading to the high school for the ceremony.
Here's how I set up the dining room table. (The big space in the centre is for the cake)

Here's a close up of the water bottles.  It's hard to see but the DSP I used is the silver paper from the neutrals designer series paper pack.

Here's a close up of the party favours. I used the curvy keepsake box thinlit and then cut a 3"x3" square which I made an exacto knife slit in the centre so I could slip it over the handle of the treat box. I then made a tassle using white twine and stamped a Happy Graduation sentiment. Easy and fun to make. I put a little chocolate inside each box.
We made up little gift bags with Ethan's framed grad photos to give to the grandparents.
I will post the supply list for this card below. This is the thank you card for the grandparents that Ethan helped me make.  It's hard to see but the sentiment is embossed in silver. Ethan thought that was very cool.

Enjoy each day!  The days fly by so fast!  I can't believe my first born is going to high school in the fall!




Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment