Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Kids are awesome

Just wanted to share a couple of kids projects and stories.
This past weekend I shared stamping with some girls at a birthday party. Here is what they made. Actually, this is my sample. Their projects each came out a little differently because that is how children craft of course. They may have put the squares in different order or used slightly different designs...but this is the general idea. 
It looked like the girls were super proud of their creation. (side note the cute birds in the middle square are from a retiring set called "for the birds"...last chance to order it!)

Another day this past weekend I prepared these bookmarks for some kids to make at a private party. It uses the sea street stamp set. The matching dsp and coastal cabana twine is retiring so don't miss out on those items.
Now speaking of kids I will share a little story about what's been up with my daughter.  She participated in a local 1 K run as a part of a friends birthday party.  It was a beautiful day and I could tell she enjoyed herself.
Lately talking to my daughter has become very entertaining.  Especially since the Stampin' Up! retiring list was released.  She saw my text to my friend Christi on my phone and she was aghast..."Basic Grey Ink is retiring??????"  I had to explain that the hope was that they would be reformulated because they didn't work that well.  
I explained that basic black also needed to be reformulated.  Her face was horrified.  "They are retiring Basic Black????How can they retire black?  What am I going to stamp with?"
What cracks me up about the whole thing is that since she is not a demonstrator and doesn't teach classes or sell stampin' up product what difference does it make to her if basic black is retiring?  She can just politely ask me to give her my retiring black if she wants to keep using it.  What's even funnier is that a split second after her horror about basic black retiring, she said "oh wait, that's okay.  I can just use Memento". 
Yes.  that's my daughter! 
If you would like to buy the memento black ink pad that works just great, feel free to shop on my online store! 
You can also view the retiring items...some which are at a discount, on my online store as well.
Last few weeks to get em before they are gone! 

  

No comments:

Post a Comment