Friday, January 30, 2015

Leadership highlights day 1

What a busy busy day yesterday!  It was full of hugging and meeting stamping friends.  It's kind of a tradition to bring a little handmade gift for your roommates and friends and their friends.  I have to say it's almost like Christmas with all the little gift giving going on!  It's super when all the gifts have the handmade touch!

Then of course there's swapping.  Even though I was so busy with sale-a-bration events before leaving, I made sure to make some swap cards.  Actually the truth is I cut the swap card paper before I left and I actually made the swap cards in the bathroom yesterday morning.( I was in the bathroom making them not because I was multi-tasking ha ha but because my room mate was still sleeping and I didn't want to wake her)
The good thing about making swap cards is that I can trade them for beauties like this one I received from my friend Sandy Carlson.

It was so fun to have some Team S.T.I.C girls enjoying the conference with me this year.  


Just because this conference focuses a little more on leadership and business doesn't mean we don't still get to watch stamping presentations and get FREE STAMPS!!!

The sessions and classes were kind of heavy yesterday because Stampin' Up! is going through some changes as they are becoming more and more global (did you know they have opened up market in Japan!???)  My brain was learning and trying to remember all the changes but I was pretty pooped by the end of the day but there was no time to lie down.
I had to get ready to go to Manager's Reception.  Manager's reception is a special event for those who are at a certain title and above.  It's always a special night.  This year Stampin' Up! bought out Hollywood Studios and we were treated to a private showing of the Fantasmic water and light show.

There were desserts and drinks lining the "hollywood strip" and we were able to ride Rockin Roller Coaster and Tower of Terror as many times as we wanted.  



Lots of fun and friends at Manager's reception.  Now onto another great day today!

No comments:

Post a Comment