Thursday, September 18, 2014

Home for the Holidays Day 1

Here's some highlights from yesterday, the first day of the retreat.  Stampin' Up! picked the Christmas theme of Home for the Holidays so all the activities, decor and treats were related to beautiful holiday things.

Here's the beautiful landscape as we're flying into St. George, Utah.  It's still summer weather here!  yea!
Here's how we were greeted at the hotel: beautiful decor and a Stampin' Up! staff member to greet us and give us our room keys. 

We had a yummy lunch (grilled cheese sandwich bar) and then off to the hospitality room to play a triva game where the answer doesn't matter as much as getting the prize. 
There were homemade cookies, candy and beautiful decorations to help us feel like we were Home for the Holidays. 



Meeting up with friends. 


Hanging out by the pool.  Here's my friend Cynthia who has wasted no time and turned our All is Calm Snowflake Embellishments (item 137383) into pretty earrings.

I was assigned into the Fa la la la la group and our group get to know each other activity was to make a gingerbread house.  We were given all the candy we wanted and lots of retired Stampin' Up! embellishments to decorate our creation. I attempted to help but was often seen eating the gumdrops. 


The beauty of our creation was not as important as the prize for playing.

Inside our beautifully wrapped box with the silky taffeta lost lagoon ribbon (already backordered due to its popularity) (item 135841) :-) was a new package of petite cafe gift bags and Tag a Bag Accessory Kit.

After our group activity, we were treated to a beautiful "Christmas dinner" complete with bread pudding. 
My pictures from the dinner were not great.  I was also obsessed with the amazing cheesy potatoes and the yummy sparkling apple cider and did not take many pictures.  
Check out my Fa la la la la team member's blog who took much nicer pictures.

Well, that's it for yesterday.  Can you believe Stampin' Up! updated the clearance rack while I was en route to St. George?  Check out the clearance rack and also all the goodies from the holiday catalogue on my online store.
Don't forget, I'm still keeping up with my customer loyalty card program so for every $50 order you receive a punch on your card.  After 6 punches, you receive a $15 gift certificate from me! 

A big thank you to all of you who support me in my Stampin' journey and allow me the pleasure of such a beautiful retreat. 

No comments:

Post a Comment