Friday, July 18, 2014

Inspire Create Share Day 2

Alright!  Day 2!  Up and at em!  It's tradition to go early and line up for the general session.  The energy is electric.  Thousands of women chatting and swapping cards.  Swapping card ideas at convention is worth every bit of energy I spent at home stamping and getting ready.  If you want to see the different ideas, make sure to come to an upcoming class because I'm updating my card display boards!
Here's our gang wearing our matching team shirts that we had made just for this event. Don't we look spiffy?

One of the perks of being on the advisory board this year is that I got to sit in the very front row in reserved seating with my advisory board sisters.  Here I am with Lyssa Zwolanek. (check out her blog.  She's such a talented stamper!) 

The general session opened with the home office staff coming out on stage to music and fireworks.

Then we all got free stamps.  Yup. That's a great way to start a stampin' up convention! Nothing like free to get us all cheering and taking selfies! 


Then a few words from Shelli Gardner.  Her words always inspire and bring me back to the roots of why I'm a stampin' up demonstrator.  Even though we love stamps and paper, those things don't keep me in business.  It's the people.  

I was in an organized Vintage christmas card swap.  It was my friend Brenda's first ever organized swap so we took a picture to commemorate the event. 


Of course lots of samples and demonstrations.  Here's a few punch art cards I saw during the day to inspire you.  
Isn't it cool how the banner framelits were used to make these cute animals?
The moustache framelit used to make hair...


A special part of meeting with friends at convention is receiving small gifts.  Here's a few I received:


Off to bed!  Another full day tomorrow!  Don't forget to shop on my online store for all your crafting needs. 

No comments:

Post a Comment