Sunday, June 15, 2014

Happy Father's Day!

Wow!  It's been so long since I last blogged.  I tried to finish this post many times but so many life things interrupted me that it just never got published.  For me, stamping isn't just a hobby business, it's just a natural part of my life.  For example, there I was enjoying the munchies at my kids school volunteer appreciation breakfast.  My son's teacher came up and expressed how great it was that I came to do mother's day crafts with the kids in May.  I don't know what came over me.  I couldn't restrain myself.  I tentatively offered to come and do father's day crafts even though I'd just been through a very busy stampin' spell.  The teacher clearly looked so excited so what could I do but remove the "maybe" from my offer and firmed up a date right there to drop in and do the crafts with the 23 grade one children.
Here's what I decided to make with the kids:
masculine stationary using the new moustache framelit die.  I was tearing my stamp room apart looking for some kind of appropriate stamp like: "from the desk of" or something.  Suddenly I had a light bulb moment and looked in the box that I keep my paper pumpkin stamps.  (did you know every month with the paper pumpkin program you get new stamps????)  Ta DAH!!! I found a "notes" stamp.  Perfect! I love how the paper pumpkin stamps are ones that are perfect for the monthly project but can also be used for other future projects.  

The second project with the kids was a medal using a chocolate square.  I used the starburst sayings set, matching framelits and some gold foil paper to make it a little fancy. 
The third project was a father's day card.(this picture is the actual one made by my son.)  I had used this card design for my masculine card class a few weeks ago but I had used a happy birthday sentiment.  The only Father's day sentiment I had was that tiny teeny tiny wishes.  Paper Pumpkin to the rescue AGAIN!!! May's project included this great father's day stamp.
You may be wondering how I managed to get three projects done with 23 grade 1 students.  Well, I had the teacher to help and I also asked another mom to come in to help me.  We had the kids in three groups and just rotated the projects.  I also used this fabulous tool called a Time Timer.  I told the kids they had 20 minutes for each project and set the timer accordingly.  They were able to see how much time they had left and everybody finished on time.
3 stamping projects, 23 kids, 1 time timer, 1 hour.  Awesome!!!
Here is Kevin enjoying the handmade gifts from the children.  We brought him breakfast in bed, of course.

So much more to tell you, like the fabulous fun fair that our church sponsored this weekend. It's such an exciting time for our church (Cornerstone Christian Community Church) as we have been talking and envisioning being a community focused church that offers opportunity and services to people in the community.  Now we are finally building our church building.  (check out all the construction action at 9th Line and Donald Cousins) Of course I once again couldn't restrain myself when there was a church email that went out asking who might be interested in offering hobby workshops at the fair.  I volunteered to run a free cardmaking workshop at the fun fair.  Such a great great experience! The kids and parents loved it and I loved seeing the pride on their faces when they made their cards.  Here's one of the cards we made. (totally inspired from my friend and fellow Team S.T.I.C girl Zahra).   It uses repetition stamping using the new Work of Art Stamp set.  Such an easy card but such a nice effect.  It uses the new in-color Lost Lagoon.  Don't miss getting the new in colours now!  Why not join my in-color club to get all the colours plus FREE products?
And make sure to check out all that's new on my online store!


No comments:

Post a Comment