Saturday, March 8, 2014

Funny Stuff

Lots of things make me smile and laugh.  My theory is that if I have a positive attitude and find the humour in things, I'll be healthier physically and emotionally.  I'm sure there's research that points to that...but I can't guarantee it.  :-)  It works for me. 
Here's some funny stuff that happened this past week.
First, I was determined to get a bit of a handle on my work reports.  (yes, sometimes people are surprised to discover that I have another job besides being a Stampin' Up! demonstrator.) I was working away and had just hung up after speaking with a case manager who just returned from a month long trip visiting Australia. I then started wondering whether our family would ever go on a long trip. I texted my husband asking if he was eligible to do what I've heard some teachers do, spread 4 years of pay over 5years so he can take a year off. He texted back that he thought he might be eligible for that option why was I asking? I couldn't help it. This is what I texted back:
"Dunno. Just wondered, in case we wanted another baby we could adopt"
By this time the giggles were starting to escape from me. When he texted back with:???? 
I couldn't help it, I was killing myself laughing at home. For the record we have three beautiful children with no plans for anymore. 
I tried to convey in a text that I was joking by typing "lol"
The poor man was so confused. As soon as he saw me after work he asked about my text. I must've really scared the beejeebies out of him. Waaa haaaa haaa!

Here's another funny moment:
8:15 am on the last day of school before march break. I realize in a panic that my sons birthday party is a couple of weeks after march break. Gotta get those invites out today!!!! "Children! Down to the craft cave, gotta make invitations!"
8:44 am. All children dressed and out the door with the youngest son proud to be carrying these invites in his backpack. Put a smile on my face!

No comments:

Post a Comment