Saturday, February 8, 2014

Stampin' Up Pop N Cuts playtime

There are so many things that I love about my monthly technique classes. It's a personal challenge to create projects and techniques that I have never done before. It's also fun to share what I've learned with others and see their own pride with their creations.  Frankly sometimes when I am preparing for stamp class I get so excited with what we are making that I do a little happy dance. I might even clap! Smile.
Anyway, enough about my happy stamping experiences. I want to share a couple of the projects we did at technique class this past month. 
We played with the Pop N Cuts die.  We learned how to properly place the deco label insert into the die so we get this cool pop out effect.
The You're Lovely stamp set is so pretty. Remember it's free with a $60 purchase during saleabration.
Technique class projects are always a little more multi-step than my basic card class. If you look closely at the card above, we heat embossed the images and there was also some dry embossing with the argyle embossing folder and a little of the pool party twine from saleabration.

The Pop N Cuts die base can also be used in many different ways. This is what convinces me to buy it. I didn't even glance at it when it first came out in the catalogue. Then I went to convention...everyone seemed to be making cute little things with it. Okay! Fine! I will buy it. Here's one of the ideas...it's a gift card holder
I love the fact that the die makes little slits that the decorative corners can slide into.
Once you roll it through the big shot, score at 1", 3 3/4" and 8 1/2"

Come check out my technique class! First Monday of the month. 10 am or 7:00 pm. RSVP for the next one on march 3rd!

No comments:

Post a Comment