Saturday, January 11, 2014

Finally in Houston with Stampin' Up!

Whew!  Sorry for my delay in blogging.  The internet has been giving me trouble.  Anyway, I finally made it to Houston.  It looked like I wasn't going to get in until late Thursday but some hard work from the travel agent helped me get in Wednesday instead.  Official Leadership conference events started Thursday morning so I was so thankful not to miss.  I was scheduled to present on Thursday afternoon and after all the preparation for that I would have been disappointed to miss sharing.
Here's some quick rundown of the activities I've been enjoying.
So happy to see me friends and when they heard I was coming in earlier they waited for me and we went to dinner at a Mexican restaurant.  Freshly made guacamole!!
The next day was the official start of convention activities.  Everybody cheered and gave Shelli a standing ovation when she walked on stage.  She looked fabulous and back to herself after her horrific riding accident.  In the general session there was sharing of new products...I can't show you, I can't tell you but I am allowed to show pictures of projects made with the new products.  I am VERY excited about it.  If you look at these samples, can you guess what the new products might be?


The evening brought one of my most favourite events of leadership conference: the managers reception.  An evening of fun and entertainment.  This year we went to the Houston aquarium which was stunning.  The tanks of marine life were so eye catching.  There was also a wonderful spread of food that included bacon wrapped shrimp and a mashed potato bar . ( I LOVE mashed potatos!)



Yesterday a special treat was an advisory board luncheon.  All present and past advisory board members get treated to a special lunch.  The food was delicious.  Next time you see me, ask me about the dessert...there's a story involved....:-)

I was glad that my friend Julie came to Leadership this year.  It's her first ever Stampin' Up! event and I was super excited that she won prize patrol!

Well, that's enough fighting with the internet for now.  If I get a chance, I will try to post pictures of our make n takes from last night!
Don't forget to come stamp with me soon!  Check out my class schedule HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment