Sunday, October 27, 2013

Inspiration and memories

Hi!  I was on a crafting retreat getaway and I had a great time catching up on some long overdue family scrapbooking.  I tried to post when I was away but I think it didn't show up on the right date so if you didn't see it, you can check HERE.
One of the great things about these crafting retreats is that you get inspiration from other people.  Check out this card that Esther W made.  So simple but cute.  It uses the Stampin' Up! Yippee Skippee Stamp set (It's on sale only till tomorrow!  Check out all the sale stamps on my ONLINE STORE)  A 25th anniversary only comes around once so don't miss this sale!  Tomorrow is the last day!

It's so relaxing but also therapeutic to sit down and scrapbook memories.  One big thing that happened this past summer was that my son's pet hamster died.  It was his first and only pet and as timing would have it, I was away at the Stampin' Up! convention in Salt Lake City when hamster Amy was getting frail and passed away.  It was a very difficult time for Ethan.  I think he cried buckets.  He still cries when he thinks of hamster Amy.  Kevin helped Ethan to bury Amy and took pictures so we could have memories.  Here's the very simple two page layout using the Soho Subway designer series paper (130140), early espresso Core-dinations cardstock (129956) as the base (see how I sanded the edges to give a weathered look) and the Morning Post Alphabet letters (132042 wood, 126592 clear) were punched out using the 1 1/4" circle punch.  (can't help but mention that the Morning Post Alphabet Letters are also on Stampin' Up's 25th anniversary sale list!!!)  I think preserving memories is so important.  I know it's hard to make time to do it...so why not be intentional?  Plan to come out on the first Monday of each month and make 3 scrapbook pages that are ready for you to drop your pictures into?  Next Memories matter class is Monday Nov. 4th!  RSVP today!

No comments:

Post a Comment