Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Touristy things

Typically when I attend convention, I fly in the day before convention begins, work madly on my swaps, crash asleep and then the next day is a rush of convention classes etc. This year, my friends and I decided to try flying in an extra day early before convention activities officially start so that we could do some sightseeing. I thought this was an excellent idea and my friend Linda from Kansas took the lead on renting the van and organizing an outing to Park City. Park City reminds me of Blue Mountain area. Kind of a skiing resort town. The weather was, for the most part, lovely. We visited the Olympic park and got to see people training on the ski jump. They practice in the summer by jumping into water!
We also did a zip lining activity and got to control a sled down the olympic bobsled course. Very fun! Then we had lunch and browsed the quaint shops on the Main Street. I am having a great time and it is extra special to share it with two Team S.T.I.C girls, Pei Pei and Paula. 
Today will be a tour of the Stampin Up home office and General Session tonight! Stay tuned...



No comments:

Post a Comment