Thursday, January 10, 2013

Orlando Day 1


Well, Esther and I arrived without any delays or problems to Orlando for the Leadership Conference.  Yea!  No lost luggage, no delayed flights.  It was wonderful.  I was quite sleepy for having woken up at 3:00am to head to the airport and staying up late the night before finishing up loose ends and making a schedule for Kevin for things to do and where kids should be etc. 
I didn't quite get finished all my roomate gifts so I was working on them in the airport and managed to finish them when I got to the hotel.
Here's one of the little gifts I made.  I saw the 50 cent hand sanitizers at the mall and couldn't resist picking up a bunch for my friends and I thought it would be perfect since it is cold/flu season.
Kevin was the superstar and designed the cover so that I could get the paper cut/scored in the right place.  I'm using the vintage style stamp set called Postage Due.  Shout out to Summer Starfruit!  Goes great with neutrals!


Here's one of the gifts I've already received.  A cute little kleenex holder using the summer smooches material and some candy hearts.  Yum. 





 

Yesterday was just a lazy day since the official events don't start until later today.  The weather was perfect so we just sat by the pool, had a swim then went out for dinner at Downtown Disney. 








We ate at a Cuban restaurant.  I've never had cuban food before so that was nice.  I admit I was the one who put the deciding vote in for Downtown Disney since, as many of you know, I am a Disney fanatic and I HAD to go to buy some Disney things for the kids and Kevin. I just love the whole Disney atmosphere!
 
So, today starts the activities.  I'm meeting with my friends this morning for our own private shoebox swap then it will be materials pick up (no bag this year!!! I can't wait to see what we are treated with this year instead) Then I have an organized swap I signed up for (my first organized swap) and then Manager's Reception in the evening.
I'm really looking forward to Manager's Reception.  It's a special treat Stampin' Up gives to demonstrators who are at a certain level.  Every year is something different.  This year, Stampin' Up! has private admission to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter at Universal Studios.  Whoo Hoo!  I can't wait since I've never been there and I've read all the books and seen the movies and I'm sure the best way to enjoy it is in a closed private setting with my stampin' friends!  I'll let you know what butter beer tastes like!

No comments:

Post a Comment