Friday, January 11, 2013

Managers Reception 2013

Hi!  Just thought I would share some pictures from Managers Reception last night.  It was one of my favourites.  I have read all the Harry Potter books and seen all the movies but I have never been to Universal Studios and experienced the theme park excitment.  What better way to experience it than with the service and hospitality and beauty that Stampin' Up! is known for.  We were shuttled by bus to some back entrance of Universal and we walked by red carpet into the entrance of the wizarding world of Harry Potter.  When going in I saw my buddy Dave Baugh, the international operations manager.  I've always felt friendly with him since my first convention experience when I played that silly game with him of eating pie without our hands.  We both had pie in our hair, up our nose, all over our faces...it was disgusting.  Since then, I've made a point to say hi whenever I see him and nab a picture if possible.  Dave was joking with me last night that I could make a scrapbook of pictures of us through the years at each event.  We've decided our next picture date will be at Fiji!


Right at the entrance they had our logo! 

Then as soon as we entered we saw the Hogwarts Express. 

The best surprise was the food.  Stampin' Up! had told us to have dinner before the event as they were only going to be serving light snacks. 
Ummm, would you consider turkey drumsticks, fish and chips, corn on the cob, pasta, boiled eggs, mini shepherd pies, apple cobbler, mini tarts as light snacks????
I felt so pampered as I chowed down on the tasty food in the magical atmosphere of the Wizarding World of Harry Potter.  They were also serving out free butter beer.  Delicious!  (If you haven't read the books, you don't know what butter beer is but I think it tastes something like shortbread cookies and butterscotch.)



 
After the yummy food I went on one of the rides which involved a lot of movement and big screen and I was even turned upside down.  I get easily motion sick on the Toronto Subway system so after the one ride (called the forbidden journey), I decided I would not ride any more rides since I was not interested in having my "light snacks" come flying out of me.  That would be gross and would embarass my friends.
We saw Shelli Gardner (CEO) and her daughter Sara so we got a picture.

We visited the shops.  This one is called Honeydukes and was full of candy that was talked about in the books.  I bought a chocolate frog as a souvenir.



It really was a great evening of laughter and fun and I felt so blessed to be able to enjoy it.  Thank you to all of my friends, customers and Team S.T.I.C girls who help me achieve such fun rewards with Stampin' Up!

No comments:

Post a Comment