Saturday, January 26, 2013

A belated Christmas gift and a birthday card

Today we are finally getting together with Kevin's brother's family.  We had hoped that we were going to see them over the Christmas holidays but they fell sick with the horrible flu stuff that's been going around.  Just thought I would show the Christmas gift we made for them.  The kids are older so we thought movie gift cards would be a great idea.  Especially since two of them have significant others in their lives now...
I would've put the gift cards in a simple gift card holder but Kevin thought it would be nice to package it differently.  So this is what we made.  I used the clear cases that Stampin' Up! sells and inserted some DSP.

Then inside we attached the gift cards and put in a bag of microwave popcorn for fun.  (love those glue dots.  Perfect for sticking gift cards down on plastic or cellophane)
Now that it's January, it's actually my nephew's birthday too so we are not only giving him his late Christmas gift but also a birthday gift too.  I had to make a card!  It's a milestone year for him.  This means I had to use my memorable moments stamp set since it is perfect for customizing the year.


This card is actually a variation on one of the cards I will be having at my Sweet and Simple class this Thursday! It's amazing how a change of dsp and colours can make the card look totally different.

This was my first attempt at the central part of the card.  Seriously crooked!!!!

This is my plug: If you don't already own a stamp a ma jig, you should order one.  It's just one of those necessary tools to make you stamp straight!
And don't forget, when your order reaches $60 you get to pick a free stamp set from the sale-a-bration catalogue!  
Contact me to place your order today!

No comments:

Post a Comment