Saturday, January 12, 2013

10 days to Sale-abration and Day 3 Leadership

Yikes!  I realized I forgot to continue my countdown to sale-a-bration so here are two samples to make up for the day I missed!  This one uses the Feeling Sentimental set.  As you know, one of my favourites! 


This card uses three sale-a-bration freebie items: sycamore street paper, the sycamore street ribbon and the cute patterned occasions set.
Okay, for those of you who are following my adventures in Orlando here at the Stampin' Up! conference, here's the skinny from yesterday. 
We had a session in the evening dubbed "stamping under the stars" and we were told in advance it would be a pj party.  A bunch of us arranged to get matching pyjamas from Reitmans. 


The great fun at any of the sessions is PRIZE PATROL!.  As you know, I love winning prize patrol and have been lucky enough to win two times in the past.  We are given a wrist band colour at check in and during the sessions, they will show a band colour on the big screen and if you have that colour, you jump up and scream and wave your arms so that the helpers can run around the auditorium and find you and give out the prize. 
This year, my Team S.T.I.C girl Esther won prize patrol.  She won the Ciao Baby stamp set from the new spring catalogue and the matching petite curly label punch (another sale-a-bration freebie!)
Super fun that Stampin' Up! decided to do another prize patrol and I won!!!!  It's really remarkable that I've won so many times.  There are thousands of ladies and tons of wrist band colours but they called yellow stripes!  Whee!  I won the Oh Whale stamp set and the matching clearlits die.  I love the gifts that Stampin' Up! gives.



 
They ended the evening with another prize patrol where EVERYBODY won the Parkers Patterns paper and the Just Thinking Stamp set.  Then outside the auditoruium they were giving out milk and cookies to go with the PJ party theme.
 
Earlier in the day there were a couple of super announcements. 
1.  They will be releasing a "dude" kit.  Perfect for the men in your life.  Literally I was killing myself laughing as they were explainign the kit and how they developed it to make sure it was as manly as possible.  It comes with stamps that are ALREADY MOUNTED onto the wood blocks (because what man is going to mount his stamps?) The blocks don't have the nice grooves because that would be too girly and they've made sure that the blocks look rugged.
Here's a cute (ahem) manly video on a man using this great kit. 
 
2. Stampin' UP! will be offering a crafting subscription.  Like a magazine subscription you will receive monthly crafting projects in the mail.  How cool is that!  It's called My paper Pumpkin because it will be like Cinderella's pumpkin turning into a coach.  You know, the magic of crafting...
Check out the website
 
Okay, gotta run now for todays sessions!
Hope you all have a great weekend!  I'll be home tomorrow!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment