Wednesday, December 5, 2012

That's life!

Wonderful things going on keeping life exciting!  Lots of card parties because it's a wonderful time of year to get together with friends and create beautiful Christmas cards.  Here's Halcyon and her boyfriend enjoying a creative moment.
Then of course with the free ink promotion not only are there lots of card parties, there's also lots of new friends and faces joining Team S.T.I.C  I  love to meet one on one with anyone who's purchased the starter kit so that I can share all the benefits of being a part of the Stampin' Up! family and of course we'll stamp together too.  Here's Ellen and I visiting and getting to know each other better.
 
 


Then there was the special banquet at church as we celebrate the next phase
in our church history.  We have purchased land for a church building and are raising money to start the building phase.
Here's the youth performing a dance at the banquet.  You can't see Ethan because he's hiding at the back.  I love it that our youth pastor looks for ways to involve the youth in all different ways and helps to build their confidence.  (sorry about all the underlining but I don't know how to turn it off!)






Then earlier this week I developed a cough which affected my sleep.  I was hoping for some sleep last night as I think my cough was getting better but I sent Kevin down to the basement so that he could sleep in peace in case my coughing was disturbing him.  Wouldn't you know, my littlest fellow comes in at 1am and throws up.  He was throwing up every half an hour until about 5am.  Poor little guy.  So today, he and I are just mellowing out at home.  I was planning to use today to make some little crafts that might be appropriate for upcoming classes.  I quickly realized a big problem!!! I had left both my big shots in the car after my technique class on Monday!  Normally this woudln't be a problem because I could easily grab them from the car but today the car is in the shop (did I mention that we have car trouble?)  No big shot!  What to do?  I almost felt paralyzed.  How could I craft without my big shot?  I almost threw in the towel and figured creating wasn't meant to be for today.  I'm glad I was determined to create anyway.  Here's what I made so far.  I had to cut out the elements with my paper snips but it turned out okay.  That's my life lately!  Drop me a comment and let me know how you're doing!

No comments:

Post a Comment