Friday, August 10, 2012

Basic black makes it beautiful

I've been working on some cards for an organized swap that I signed up for.  On the demonstrator forum there are always swaps to join.  You just mail your swaps to the organizer and she sorts everyone's swaps and then one wonderful day you receive a variety of cards back in the mail.  It's great! Because of time, I don't often join these organized swaps online and I'm usually happy with the swaps I get from Convention and Leadership so I don't really need more.  I'm not sure why I joined.  I think I may have had a moment of sadness that I can't attend the Stampin' Up! regionals in Hamilton so to compensate I signed up for 3 swaps online.  I figured with the summer I would have loads of time to design and make swaps.  Yeah right.  I think I forgot that the summer means the kids are not in school! Anyway, I just wanted to share one of the cards.  The pressure with the organized swaps I joined is that you sign up for a particular stamp set.  Everyone is using a different set from the holiday mini.   If I start playing with the set I signed up for and don't like it, I can't suddenly change my mind and decide to use a totally different set. 
I'm happy with this one using the First Christmas stamp set.  It looks more spectacular live in my opinion.  The champagne glimmer paper is an absolute must for the holidays so I made sure to use it in my project.  The star was stamped using the champagne shimmer paint.  I just sponged it onto the rubber and stamped it on the paper.  It gave a great subtle and shimmery effect.  The black and very vanilla combo is quite striking.


Speaking of black,  I don't think I shared my friend Pei Pei's card. She is a team S.T.I.C girl and she made some card fronts for me to take to convention to swap for her.  Pei Pei is so wonderfully meticulous about the little details which makes her cards stunning!

I hope these cards spark your creativity! 

No comments:

Post a Comment