Saturday, July 21, 2012

Day 4

Today is the last day and I'm heading home tommorrow.  I called and spoke to the kids and loved hearing their voices.  I will be so happy to wrap my arms around them when I get back. 
Stampin' Up! saved all the best things for the last day.  They gave away two stamp sets to all 3500 of us in the crowd.  I was especially thrilled to receive the Ronald McDonald House set as a freebie because I was looking at that one and after receiving several cute cute cute swaps using that set, I was ready to buy it but TA Dah!  Now I have it!  They also announced the location for the next grand vacation.  This year I will be stamping enthusiastically towards a Western Caribbean Cruise on the Allure of the Seas with Royal Carribean Cruise lines. I know I have been more than blessed to earn 2 trips already but I certainly wouldn't mind earning another so I can take my daughter on a special mother/daughter experience.  The fact that I get easily seasick is only mildly concerning. :-)

I also couldn't believe that I won prize patrol!  I figured since I just won prize patrol in January at leadership, chances are I wouldn't be due to win again for say...another few years.  The way prize patrol works is that every attendee receives a wrist band with a different pattern/colour.  There are a wide variety of designs.  After each stamping presentation, the presenter announces Prize patrol and the prize is shown on the screen.   After that, there is a drum roll, a big pause and then...the winning wrist band colour is shown on the screen.  My roomate and I both had the same colour wrist bands so we figured our chances were slim.  However, they called our colour and so we both jumped up screaming!  Winning prizes and getting free stamps is definately one of the highlights of a Stampin' Up! Convention.



Other highlights are all the great presentations.  They are all so entertaining and...FUNNY!  Also, the time laughing with friends both new and old is priceless.  I truly can not imagine what life would be like without these experiences. 
Here's a quick picture of our convention bag.  I wanted to show you the cute bag tag that my friend Lynda made as gifts for all of us.  She used chip board cut with a big shot die and covered it with designer series paper and cut out our initial.  This way, even though we all had the same bag, we could tell whose was whose!  Clever idea!  They are so easy to make and could be modified to make keychains, birthday party gift toppers or anything!


I'm looking forward to stamping with you all soon.  I"ll have my swap cards from convention out on display for my July and August classes so make sure you come out and bring a friend!  I can't wait to share all the great inspiration with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment