Tuesday, June 12, 2012

How to make your Stampin' Up! clear mount stamps stay on the block!

So, it's no secret that I prefer Stampin' Up's wood mount stamps.  I'm just old fashioned and when I get used to something, it's hard to change.  My biggest concern with the clear mount stamps is that they seemed to keep falling off the block at inopportune times.  I finally discovered that if I don't put the sticker image on the back, the stamp sticks marvelously onto the block.  Yahoo!  When I discovered this, I started being more open to purchasing clear mount.  The price is right thats for sure!  The problem is, when I'm doing classes, sometimes people don't check and accidentally stamp the image upside down because there is no picture on the back.
When I was in Disney I was talking to my new friend Sandy about my clear mount woes and she taught me this trick.  I have a new respect for clear mount now!
This is what you do: 
Once you have removed the backing from the rubber, go to the sticker sheet.  It looks like this:



Normally you would peel the backing off and stick it to the stamp but what Sandy told me to do is to cut the sticker out by trimming very very close to the image like this:


So when you cut out the sticker so close to the image, you can then stick it onto the back side of the stamp but it still leaves an outline that sticks well to the block.

Then peel off the paper backing so you can see the sticker image.
Since I have started doing this, I haven't had to stick snail on the back of my stamps anymore.  Give it a try and let me know what you think!

1 comment:

  1. I promptly tried this after our STIC meeting but it still isn't nearly as sticky as it needs to be. Alas, I am back to unlabelled stamps!

    ReplyDelete