Monday, May 14, 2012

Playing with the new


Finally got a chance to break out my new goodies!  I promised the team girls I would have new things for them to stamp with at our upcoming get together so I've started creating and playing.  Here's one card I made.  I'm not sure if it'll make the cut as a make n take but it sure was fun playing.  What I was most intrigued by is the new ink pads.  I knew they were changing their ink pads.  I was fine with their old ink pads but I suppose stampin' up is always looking to improve their product and this is their newest improvement.
What I can say is that I am VERY interested in these new stamp pads.  They are very noticeably different in how they stamp and how they look.  I will have to play more but what catches my attention is that the colour sits on the rubber better.  If you can see on the card, the stamped flowers/leaves on the bottom of the card have excellent ink coverage.  None of that uneven look that I get with new stamps.  Also, the ink is very juicy which makes me wonder whether, if I act fast, I can use this ink to heat emboss.  I will try it one day and let you know!
Anyway, just wanted to share as I was so thrilled I finally got to break out my goodies.  (I had wanted to hibernate in the basement on mother's day to stamp but couldn't resist the great weather and was out biking with the kids instead)
Stay tuned for more stamping with new things. I'm on a roll!
By the way, I spoke to Stampin' Up! and for the following colours, the ink refills are not compatible with the new ink pads so keep that in mind with the final weeks of the retiring list:
basic black
basic grey
marina mist
perfect plum
tempting turquoise


1 comment:

  1. You CAN heat emboss with the new ink pads! You have to work very quickly, but it does work well. Yay!

    ReplyDelete