Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Stampin' News: Changes are coming!

I know I said I wouldn't blog until I was at Disney but the release of the long retiring accessories list deserves some attention.
One of the many things I love about Stampin' Up! is that they are constantly making changes in an effort to serve us better.  They are not afraid to try new things so that we are never bored or in need.  I have been a happy and active Stampin' Up! demonstrator for almost 5 years.  (wow!  can't believe it's that long!) Stampin' changes used to make me nervous because frankly I liked Stampin' Up! already.  How can any change possibly make things better?
Now that I've been around the block a few times, I look forward to all the changes because it's an adventure and part of the journey for even better things.
One great thing that is happening with the new catalogue is that it is releasing June 1st this year instead of the usual July 1st.  Secondly, Stampin' Up! is reducing the cost of the catalogue to almost half the price of the current catalogue.  To help manage this drastic price reduction, Stampin' Up! will be reducing the number of pages of the main catalogue slightly through discontinuing and changing certain product lines.  First the catalogue price reduction is fabulous news for demonstrators and customers alike.  This means I will not have to charge $12 for a catalogue anymore!  I expect I will still have to charge something since they are not giving the catalogues free but the price is greatly reduced meaning that hopefully more of you will enjoy a catalogue in your hands in the coming year. I will be plotting ways to give the catalogue to you free.  Secondly some product lines will be changed or discontinued which is why the retiring list is so long.

Anyway, it shouldn't be a surprise that the decor elements line and simply adorned line are retiring.  It doesn't mean we won't see them ever again, it only means that it's not part of the regular catalogue offering.
You will notice that the classic ink pads are retiring.  Don't panic!  They aren't getting rid of ink pads!  They are simply changing the material the ink pads are made of to provide better ink coverage and longer life. Having said this, if you LOVE the current ink pads and can not imagine a change, then you'd better buy all the rest of the ink pads in the colours you want now before they run out and the new design is rolled out.

Some things on the retiring list will just be packaged or bundled with other items in the new catty so you could wait if you really want those things but my bet is that it won't be the same price.  So, I would suggest getting the individual markers and stocking up on 12X12 cardstock and the like.  I"m guessing they are not getting rid of 12X12 cardstock entirely but maybe only certain colours or bundling them together.

Gotta love that some of the retiring products are discounted! Shop now!
I can't believe the triple punches are going as well as the tag punch, lace ribbon border (that punch is amazing) and the open ended envelopes.
Another change I want to highlight (gosh I hope I'm allowed to mention this and that I've got my facts straight), is that the demonstrator starter kit will be changing.  If you like the current starter kit full of so many things for the bargain price of $215, then it will only be around until April 30th.  Starting May 1st, the demonstrator starter kit will be fully customizable and will contain $155 worth of product for only $125 no tax.  This will make it much more cost effective to start your own stamping business, for fun or for a career.  Join my team!  I would love to stamp with you!

Okay, I hope I haven't shared anything I'm not allowed to share.  :-P I just wanted to give a little explanation to the long retiring list to help you decide where you should focus your retirement list shopping!  Remember retiring accessories are only while supplies last!!!!  Retiring stamp sets are only available until May 31st!  e-mail me if you want to place an order or shop online.

No comments:

Post a Comment