Tuesday, November 22, 2011

A little bit of beauty

I wanted to share this card with you.  I case'd it right off the facebook page of my team stic girl Paula.  Isn't she talented?  I loved this card so much when I saw it like a month ago but it took until now for me to make it.  No matter how busy we all are, making time to make something beautiful is always worth it.  It's like a little pick me up in an otherwise busy, long day. 
Making something beautiful brightens my spirit.  I hope it brightens yours.  Just take a moment for yourself and craft a little something.  I know you'll be glad you did!
I actually made this card as a demonstration with my church small group friends.  One of our activities was to share our life story, significant events etc so that we could get to know each other better.  Kevin came up with the idea for me to share my life story while making a card, with the elements being metaphors for my significant life events.  Because this card had so many elements: the tearing, ribbon, embossing, sponging etc, it was a good choice.  If you want to hear about my life journey, just ask!  I'd be happy to share with you.
Recipie:
River rock , soft suede, pink pirouette, rose red, naturals ivory cardstock
first edition dsp
textured embossing frame
beautiful butterfly embosslit
pretty in pink satin ribbon

1 comment: