Saturday, November 26, 2011

A great day.

I had a wonderful day today with my younger two kids.  First, we went to watch the Markham Santa Claus parade.  I think this was my best experience yet since the weather was relatively warm and my kids were old enough to sit on their own in their little lawn chairs and enjoy the show.  In previous years I would spend the time freezing and consoling freezing children or pushing strollers or having someone always climbing on my lap.  Second, I got to have a delicious 2 hour nap while my kids entertained themselves playing downstairs.  When I woke up, I was told that someone got hit with a hula hoop and there was crying but somehow they worked it out and by the time I woke up, they were the best of friends again and playing happily.  I don't know what the magic was today but the kids were so great and pleasant and fun.  I don't mean to make it sound like they are horrendous usually.  It's just that having a whole day of great manners and good behaviour is unusual.  Anyway, the kids are in bed now and I'm getting ready for a workshop tommorrow.  I can't wait to show one of the cute little cards I made using the pennant parade stamp set and the new in colours lucky limeade and island indigo.  Always when I'm getting ready for a workshop the delimma is how to keep it short and concise.  There is always more I want to show!  So, this was one of the cards I wanted to demonstrate but I just don't think I have time.  So, I'll just show it here.  I am enjoying the cherry cobbler, always artichoke combination.  My medallion stamp set has been doing a good job doubling as a wreath lately.



No comments:

Post a Comment