Monday, September 26, 2011

Clean and Simple cards


For me, the magic of stamping comes from being able to create something lovely in just a few steps and just a few minutes. Here's a couple of cards that you can easily reproduce. Just take out your supplies and go for it.
Here's my first Christmas card using the new Sounding Joy stamp set in the holiday mini catalogue. The holly berry bouquet designer series paper told me that wild wasabi, chocolate chip and real red work well together. So, that's the colour scheme I used here. I used vanilla smooch spritz to glimmer up the whisper white cardstock. (for those faint of heart who don't like spraying, use shimmery white paper instead). Some real red ribbon finishes it off.
Here's another super simple card using the Elements of Style stamp set. I just stamped the flower image on some very vanilla cardstock and matted it with soft suede cardstock. I quickly coloured the flower using the blushing bride marker and river rock marker. The card base is river rock with the flourish image stamped on the background and a sentiment from the Heard from the Heart set on the bottom. See? So easy, so fast. Way faster than going to the store to buy a card. I love stamping.

1 comment: