Sunday, July 10, 2011

I'm still here...so much to share






Hi. Sorry I haven't posted for a while. Mommy camp is finished. It was a good experience but I can't say I would do it again. My son just didn't grasp the mommy as camp counsellor concept. One of my goals was to work on cutting skills so every day would we would cut out pieces for a mural. Here is the finished mural. Colourful huh?






I've had so many things I wanted to share but just didn't sit down to do it. Whenever I sit down, I've been working on my swaps for convention. I am finished everything except I ran out of baja breeze seam binding. I knew I was going to run short which is why I placed an expedited order July 1st however there was a customs issue and my seam binding is stuck in Winnipeg. Arrrrrgh!!!!! Perfection on my swap card is thwarted. It's amazing how easy it was for me to lose perspective. I was on the phone being polite but curt with the fedex rep explaining that it was absolutely urgent that I receive my package on Monday. I was trying to nail her down as to when my package would arrive but they couldn't give me a date. Groan. I am leaving on Tuesday for Utah! I got onto the demonstrator forum and wouldn't you know there was ranting and cursing from a whole crew of Canadians whose packages are all delayed in customs. For some reason seeing all the chaos on the forums made me calm down. "It's just ribbon. It's okay. In the grand scheme of things, this is nothing. I can do it. I can use old olive ribbon with my pear pizzaz/baja breeze card. " Self talk and self counselling is a good thing. Okay, got that irritation off my chest and now you know how seriously obsessed I am about my cards.... Now to share...



First, Canada Post is back in action so I have received a few more birthday cards I thought I would share.




This one is from Ada using the tart and tangy set and the teeny tiny wishes.
















This one is from Mai using her beautiful japanese paper and sturdy Stampin' Up cardstock:













This one is from Pei Pei. It's a magic slider card. It arrives like this:










Then you pull and Voila! Isn't it so cute! That owl punch is the best!


The other thing I wanted to share was a picture of Regina picking up her loot from the Crazy Birthday Promotion. She was the lucky winner of the $170 hostess freebies that accrued. She used most of her allottment buying the fabulous big shot. Here she is!




No comments:

Post a Comment