Monday, June 13, 2011

A crazy birthday idea

I don't know where to begin with this post. Maybe I'll start at the beginning...
I became a Stampin' Up! demonstrator in 2007 because I loved the products and I valued spending time creating with friends. I believed that crafting with people was powerful and could be a way to build and deepen friendships. I had no intention of building a business. I don't have any business background since I went to school for occupational therapy. Maybe going to O.T. school did give me the respect for the importance of balance of activities in my life and I knew that my hobby of scrapbooking and stamping had to have a place and it wasn't going to be pushed out by the many other life demands. Let's fast forward to today. Through divine miracles and enthusiastic, loyal friends and customers and hostesses, I am close to earning my very first Stampin' Up! incentive trip. For those of you who don't know what that is, let me explain. Every year Stampin' Up! provides an exclusive, paid vacation to some coveted destination where there is entertainment, free pillow gifts, food, and of course, stamping. Demonstrators earn this trip based on a couple of different factors. The people who earn this year's incentive trip will be going to the Deluxe Boardwalk Resort at Disneyworld (open only to stampin' up during the trip); airfare, food, park passes etc for 2 adults all paid by Stampin' Up! I am stunned and anxious that I am so close to this amazing opportunity. I never thought it would be even remotely possible but here I am...so close. If 40 people take advantage of my crazy birthday promotion, I'm there. (if you haven't heard of my crazy birthday promotion, e-mail me and I will tell you! This promotion is only good until June 18th so spread the word and tell everyone.)
I contemplated how many packages of whisper white paper, snail refill and envelopes I would need to buy for myself to reach the target. My husband actually laughed at the image of an entire corner of the house dedicated to holding my consumable supplies for years. So, that's the story behind my crazy birthday promotion. I decided to make a promotion to help you help me towards this incredible trip for two. Whatever the outcome, I appreciate all of you who make my journey as a Stampin' Up! demonstrator so fun and rewarding.

No comments:

Post a Comment