Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Hope



The pink tea breast cancer fundraiser stamping event is coming up this Saturday. I am in the process of final preparations for the event. I've got little pink bags to put the strength and hope stamp set into, I've got some educational brochures about breast health...



In the midst of getting ready, I found out last week that a good friend has been diagnosed with breast cancer. I feel kind of helpless as I know it's shocking news for her and her young family. She knows she can call me for childcare help and whatever other support she may need but I've got a card to give her as well. Hope is the right word for this situation. The word cancer evokes such negative emotion but a life challenge like what my friend is facing can bring hope. Hope that things will get better. Hope that this circumstance will not beat her down emotionally and hope that good things can come out of this experience. Somehow.

No comments:

Post a Comment