Monday, February 14, 2011

Amour




Just thought I would share another card we made at my most recent club meeting. I thought it would be nice to do a valentine card but maybe not in the traditional red, white and pink colours. This card uses an emboss resist watercolouring technique with the watercolour paper and aquapainter. One of the club girls said she felt like such an artist making this card and it almost felt like she should sign her name in the corner. The stamp set used here is called Artistic Etchings. It's very vintage and romantic. I think this card would still be appropriate for other occasions besides valentines.

As usual I made two cards. I couldn't decide which I liked better but the club girls all preferred the one with torn edges and the antique brad. (LOVING my antique brads!!!!!--check out 5 of them on the front cover of the idea book and catalogue alone)

The designer series paper that I used as a mat is the new First Edition paper found in the occasions mini. I think this paper is so versatile. Happy Valentines Day everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment