Saturday, January 8, 2011

Kimono for New Year's




I have done 32 swap cards using the Valentine Defined set. Then I ran out of Regal rose paper. I feel like 32 cards is too few for a big event like the Stampin' Up! leadership conference but I don't know if I have time to make more. I thought I would play with the Kimono kids stamp set since I want to make some Chinese New year treat bags/cards and I figured if I came out with something acceptable I could use it as a swap card too. I'm thinking I could cut all the paper before heading out Wednesday morning and colour and assemble on the plane? Here's what I came up with tonight. The top card is me trying to use up all my jolly holiday dsp but I decided the colour was too dark. So the bottom card uses the lighter colours of blushing bride and pear pizzazz. I used the square lattice embossing folder and added colour with the markers.

No comments:

Post a Comment