Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Concord pizzazz inspiration

Here's a leadership swap I received from Lisa Hirsch. I thought the colours were so striking and I never would have thought to put pear pizazz and concord crush together but it looks so great. I also love the three bright squares: tempting turquoise, daffodil delight, melon mambo.
The stamp set is called "Easter Blossoms" and it is on page 17 in the Occasions mini. It's perfect for spring and Easter occasions.
Chinese New year is coming up. My mom has organized a big dinner with her friends and some family. Since my daughter's birthday is around the same time, she told everyone that if they wanted to buy a gift for a little girl, that would be fine. Grandmothers can be shameless! Anyway, I figured I would be prepared with handmade Happy New Year cards to give to everyone. It will make me feel less overwhelmed if everyone does show up with gifts for my daughter. I plan to attach a Tim Card to the back of the pull out card.
Using the swap card as my inspiration for colour, here is the card I made. It is a simple pocket card.
I expect there will be many comments about how it's chinese new year and clearly it's a japanese girl on the card. What shall I say? Sorry, I don't own any chinese girl stamp sets? Oh well, I love my kimono kids set. It's so darn cute. The sentiment is from the level 2 hostess set: Apple Blossoms.
Now to make many, many more...

2 comments:

  1. I would say it's a Chinese girl at Japanese Cultural Day, lol. Very cute card, I love that stamp set too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think they'll just be so impressed with the card that they'll be speechless. I love the idea of preemptive thank you cards! Have "fun" at the dinner and happy new year!

    ReplyDelete