Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Using Fabric--without sewing




It's no secret that I don't like sewing. I've tried very hard to like sewing. Before I discovered papercrafting, I did a lot of sewing with pathetic results and a lot of stress. I bought the SU fabric because I couldn't resist buying co-ordinating product. I loved the candy cane dsp so I figured I would like the fabric as well. It took me a long time to figure out how to use it while avoiding sewing. I talked to my downline Esther who informed me she uses the fabric all the time. She said: just use it like ribbon. She ties it around her cards and everything, just like ribbon.

Here's some projects made with the fabric. I really like the added interest and texture provided by the fabric. (isn't the cheep talk stamp funny? It's a partridge in a pear tree!)

The circles for my daughters headband was cut out using the big shot circles #2 die. I just used hot glue gun to stick it all together.

If you're liking the fabric look, stay tuned for the occasions mini coming out in January. Oh my! Beautiful fabric, paper and accessories!

No comments:

Post a Comment