Tuesday, December 14, 2010

If your name is Ann, don't read this post


















Do you ever have one of those weeks where you just feel crummy? I think that's me right now. The two younger kids have been sick since Thursday and I thought we were on the mend but while the youngest was bouncing off the walls happy yesterday, today the fever is back and he is miserable. Being at home with sick children is not my idea of a good time. In fact, it is a complete interruption of what I had planned to do with my life. I have to go to work, I have Stampin' Up! events, I want to address and mail Christmas cards, I need to buy more stamps, I need to go and get groceries, I need to sleep, and I need to make and wrap Christmas gifts. etc etc. Whenever MY plans are interrupted like this, I inevitably get grumpy. A grumpy wife and mother is not a pleasant household fixture!

Okay, I feel better getting that rant off my chest! One of my home made Christmas gift plans this year is to make a scrapbook for my friend Ann. Ann and I used to scrapbook together all the time but since she had her daughter and has gone back to work full time, there isn't much time in her life for scrapbooking. So, I thought it would be nice if I could make a scrapbook for her so that she could just crop and drop her photos into this pre-made album. I worried a bit that it would take me forever to make the album for her but I got it all done this afternoon when I shoved the kids into their rooms for a rest. I'm telling you, just quiet crafting time, making something meaningful for my friend was so therapeutic. I can't post all the pictures from the album but here's a sampling. This post is going to have a part 2 since I won't be able to show all the pictures on this post. The next post will show a couple of things I made with the leftover pieces from the kit.

I used the Love Birds Simply Scrappin Kit. It never ceases to amaze me all the things that come in the kit. It's not just for scrapbooking. You can use it for card making and home decor ideas too. The new 8X8 scrapbook size is just perfect for gifts. Not too big and not too small.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry you had such a rotten week. I know how that is. I hope all the kids are on the mend. Just think, hopefully this means they'll all be well for Christmas!

    I had to make some birthday cards this week and I was so resentful about taking time out from all the seasonal things I had to do to make these cards but once I started making them a sense of peace and calm came over me and I guess I was just forced to slow down. Slow down and breathe and think about what I was doing.

    ReplyDelete